I don’t know about you, but the Holidays can feel quite overwhelming to me.
There is so much to do and so little time! and my son Will’s accident happened the day after Christmas 2008.
This brings up anxiety and feelings overwhelm. Throughout the years I have incorporated some practices that I feel compelled to share with you!
Below are my top 8 ways to combat those feelings of Overwhelm
- Drink some hot nourishing tea, I personally love Chamomile
- Change your scenery- go for a nice brisk walk
- Take a bath- Even if you just have an extra 10 mins. Or better said, make time for a bath. I like to incorporate my crystals and some detoxifying Espom salt infused with essential
- Meditate– even if just for 5 mins. Take some nice cleansing breath and focus your attention on peace. Mantra Meditation works great! I like Om Shanti, it literally means peace.
- Work to re-wire your brain by replacing negative thoughts with self-affirming positive thoughts. I am enough, I am doing the best I can, I am filled with peace and love
- Let go of what you can’t control, it’s okay, you can’t please everyone and you are not responsible for others feelings.
- Yoga~ Give yourself 10 mins. To stretch and move your chi. You will feel more energized and better able to focus afterwards
- Crystals~ They help to raise your vibration! My choice is Rose Quartz bringing in the energy of self-love and peace
When we are feeling overwhelmed and stressed we are functioning from Fight or Flight mode.
We will drain our adrenal glands and we are actually re-wiring our brain for stress and disconnect. It literally turns off our ability to tap into our intuition causing us to feel more alone and isolated.
It’s so important to recognize these destructive patterns and be mindful before they take over our thoughts and reactions.
This is a stressful time of year and I don’t want you to list yourself in the all the details of your to-do list. Make yourself a priority. Like the saying goes, you can’t pour from an empty cup!
Stay in the present moment and remember to focus on gratitude. It’s so easy for myself and I am assuming you as well to get caught up in our to-do lists and forget everything we do have. The more we focus on what we are grateful for, the more we are sending focused energy to what we are grateful to have in our lives.
I truly hope this helps! Have a Blessed thanksgiving!